[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][just_icon icon_type=”custom” icon_img=”6240″ img_width=”48″ icon_size=”32″ icon_color=”#333333″ icon_style=”none” icon_color_bg=”#ffffff” icon_color_border=”#333333″ icon_border_size=”1″ icon_border_radius=”500″ icon_border_spacing=”50″ icon_animation=”lightSpeedIn” tooltip_disp=”bottom”][vc_column_text]
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]We are able to offer an extensive range of services for the diagnosis and treatment of any underlying cardiovascular conditions that may be responsible for your symptoms. We are able to arrange:
- A number of blood tests that predisposes to cardiovascular disease
- 24-hour blood pressure assessment
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) (assesses the electrical signal of the heart).
- Exercise treadmill testing (assesses the electrical signal of the heart during exercise)
- 24-48 hours Holter analysis (monitoring the heart rhythm over 24-48 hours)
- 1-2 week event recorders (monitoring the heart rhythm for longer periods)
- Echocardiograms (an ultrasound assessment of the heart to look at the structures and function) (2 video files)
- Tilt testing (used to investigate patients with frequent collapses whereby the heart rhythm and blood pressure is continuously measured whilst standing at 40-60 degrees).
- Chest X-ray
- CT coronary angiography (a high quality x-ray of the heart and the coronary arteries)
- Cardiac catheterisation (placing a tube from the groin or wrist into the heart for detailed assessment of the blood vessels that supply the heart muscle with oxygen, and to find out how well the chambers and valves of the heart is working.)
- Cardiac MRI. A scan that uses a strong magnetic field and radio waves to create detailed images of the heart. It provides information on the structure and function of the heart and blood vessels. Patients with certain kinds of metallic implants, or any other metal in their body, sometimes cannot have the scan.
The above investigations provide a full complement of cardiac diagnostic test that can be used to investigate symptoms and conditions such as chest pain, palpitations, shortness of breath, loss of consciousness, dizzy spells, hypertension, angina, heart failure, cardiomyopathies and murmurs[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][/vc_column][/vc_row]